Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting Back Into The Swing Of It All...

Isn't it hard to get back to work after a break? And it didn't help that the first project I needed to address was to finish sanding all these legs!


They aren't perfect, but they are about as clear of the previous finish as they need to be.


And as I was so happy with the result of the refinished table, using clear Briwax, I decided to try this product again on the bench legs.


This time I've ordered a can of Briwax in Tudor Brown, which should give the wood a bit of color to help them coordinate well with the table legs.


While I wait for the Briwax to arrive I've attached the legs to the bench, which was as simple as turning them into their designated holes. I'll remove them again when it is time to apply the Briwax, but having a standing bench in place will help when moving onto the next steps.


 Don't the legs look good with the table legs?


Then I started to remove the nail head trim so work can begin on recovering the cushion. It quickly became apparent my goal to salvage and reuse the nails was not going to be entirely successful, as some broke in the process. Amazingly I found the identical style after a few minutes of searching online. What would we do without Google?!


The original nail head trim.


The nails on order!


Finally, the faux ostrich from Calico Corners just arrived. I'm crazy about it! With the bench in place and the material draped over the cushion, I'm definitely visualizing where this is redesign is headed. Now to just get it all done...

No comments:

Post a Comment