Sunday, March 13, 2011

Butterfly Votive with Vellum Flowers

Votive with no candle

Votive with lit candle in daylight

Votive with lit candle at night

Today I did not create a new card but was playing with something I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I had this votive and all it had on it were the white metal double mounted butterflies.  I wanted to add some flowers.  First I cut a Nestabilities Lacy Circle to attach to the bottom of the votive.  Before attaching it I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  I created a lot  of vellum purple flowers using the Martha Stewart Hydrangea punches and the green vellum leaves were punched with the Martha Stewart "Frond" punch.  I wasn't sure it would work, but I attached the flowers and leaves to the glass on the votive with "Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue".  It worked -- at least the flowers are still on and I think they are there to stay.  This glue is clear so it doesn't show through the glass.

Well that was my quick and easy project for you today.  I love creating flowers out of vellum because they are so quick and easy to make, and can really dress things up.  Hope you enjoyed my "frilly" project. 

I am sure most of you have read my tutorial on how to make the vellum flowers, but if not, there is a link on my side bar.  The candle inside the votive has a battery - not fire.

All productds in "bold" can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment