Monday, September 28, 2009

Yup, I'm bringing the woodtones back!

I just had to share my latest find. I'm in love...



I found this mirror at a thrift for a whoppin' $10. When I first glanced at it stacked tightly along with others, I felt it may be abit too feminine for my home, but snatched it up anyway in case it worked for a future client.

But as soon as I placed it on the massive mantle on the fireplace, it was ALL MINE. I am in LOVE with the detail work and the gentle curves of the mirror itself. The woodtones pick up the hardwood flooring and woodsy surroundings. It's perfect just the way it is.

Imagine... in a blog world so full of whites, you think I may bring wood tones back in style here?!?

Here's why I am not on the white spray paint bandwagon with the mirror....















Nope. I'm a totally funky woodsy rebel once again. The woodtone HAS to stay. Simply because it's perfect.



This post is shared with A Soft Place To Land's DIY DAY, Sept 28 2009 and Reinvented's Trash to Treasure Tuesday, Sept 29 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment