Monday, September 21, 2009

Yes, It Is The Same Flooring In Both Photos!



Over the past couple of years I have enjoyed working on one of my friend's home, completing a variety of projects. One day while brainstorming about future design plans the idea of staining the oak floors was brought up...I literally jumped for joy at the prospect!

Oak floors stained a rich brown are my all time favorite flooring...traditional, classic and modern all at once. I also knew that if we went forward with this project it would have a tremendous impact on the overall look of the home.

Eventually a decision was made to go for it! Such a project is not for the faint of heart. There were periods during the process when everyone involved felt stress, along with a moment or two of panic regarding stain color and the finish. But...all is well that ends well.

Just look at the gorgeous result! Everytime I step into their front door I can't help but begin to wax poetic over the beauty of these floors...

Tell me, is there a project you have taken on that has caused your blood pressure to rise?

No comments:

Post a Comment