Monday, September 21, 2009

Defining your Passion - week 3


On Change




My old cel phone totally croaked and I was without for about 2 weeks. It was time to go shopping.

At first, I had planned to simply stay with the same 'ol and find a new battery. However the battery was as expensive as a new phone, plus hard to find being an older model. So I allowed my eyes to wander towards something new and scary. It took me all of 5 minutes to make the decision. It was time for a change.

I didn't go into the change lightly. I had thought about it for quite some time. I was frustrated with the old technology not being able to take me where I wanted/needed to go. Fate offered me the perfect excuse to make the change. But it still took a leap of faith. It was still hard to do!

And boy oh boy, has this thing tested me in all things electronics. While it's easy to use, setting it up to talk to the web has not come easy for me. I strugged for quite some time until I realized, what I was doing was NOT working. I needed to change my strategy and call on someone that DID know what the score was with this doodad. He had me going in a few minutes. I suffered on my own for nearly 2 weeks. Wow.

Are you seeing abit of a pattern here? I resist change to a degree. While at times it's an exciting leap in a new direction, along with change comes new learning curves. And learning curves can cost money and eat up a bunch of time.

But think about it for one moment. If you are implementing a new strategy in your life, how will you ever get there if you don't make some changes to incorporate your new direction?

A friend's quote - "Be today what you wish to be tomorrow."

If you've been implementing the series, you now have before you quite a list of things you enjoy doing. And it's my bet, something on that list is staring you down hard. You're fighting the possible due to the change in your life that would have to occur if you moved forward on it.

So, change your thinking. Make a change!

Look at your list or think of something you'd love to be doing but are resisting. And think of the changes required in order for you to fullfill your next step. I challenge you to write them down.

If you don't change your strategy now, you won't progress in this. Ask me how I know.

Change. It's so hard yet so easy. Yet the only way to change things is to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of homework, I'm going to ask for your participation on the spot in the comments.

1. What is that one thing you so very badly would like to do?
2. What changes do you have to implement in order to make it happen?

Don't overthink it right now. Just wing it and comment right away. It's my gut feeling that we all know what we love, but we are simply holding ourselves back. Putting it into words may help bring reality to your situation.

Join me in the comments! I'll be adding mine too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment