Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tilda Exploring for Hidden Treasures

Hello all!

I couldn’t wait to show you my latest project. I’m quite pleased with how this turned out.

First things first, I want to thank Kirsten Aune for her wonderful tutorial. If you want to make a similar project yourself, here’s the link to Kirsten’s tutorial on a box with 4 drawers.



This is for 4 challenges:
I wanted to make a card for Cute Card Thursday. The theme for their Challenge 78 is Hidden Treasure. "This week we want to see a hidden element/gift in your cards/projects." I was thinking of making just a card with hidden messages, when during my blog-hopping, I came across Kirsten's tutorial and thought this would be just perfect for the challenge instead.
The image I used here I named Tilda the Explorer or Indiana Tilda, hee hee. No, actually she is called Jungle Tilda from Magnolia.


Decorating the top of the box is an actual card that I’ve created using the wonderful sketch that the ever-so-talented Jacque has provided for the Friday Sketchers Challenge 70. I’ve attached a ribbon to the card, so that you can secure the openings to keep the card from flapping around.

The theme at Stamp Something Challenge is favorite colors or paper. My favorite designer paper isn’t just one single DP, but the Scrapbook Walls collection from Chatterbox (I think this has now been discontinued). They have marvelous soft-colour combos and co-ordinating papers. Chatterbox was quite prominent several years ago, but lately I haven’t seen too many of their papers on the store shelves. It's a good thing that during a clearance sale I stocked up and now still have a good selection of their papers in my stash. All the DP's used here are from that collection. This is what the inside of the card looks like:



To put a cherry on top of the ice cream, hee hee… Well, you know how I love hand-made flowers? Or if you don’t, well I simply luvvv… them. This is a new flower I learned how to make from the tutorial that Michele Roos has done for the Just Magnolia Monthly Challenges. The challenge there for the month of September is based on the tutorial, which can be found at the challenge blog here. I used my EK Success retro-flower punches for the flowers I created.


Back to the box, for the drawer handles, I used these wooden things they called button plugs. Found them at Michaels. You get 23 plugs for $1.99CAN (probably $1.50US). I just polished them a bit with beeswax so the wood doesn't look unfinished. And attached them with a spot of craft glue at the centre of each drawer.

That's it. Sorry for this more-lengthy-than-usual posting. Enjoy your day!

Stamps: Magnolia Jungle Tilda. DP's: Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls: Rec Bias Plaid, Saddle Plaid, Rodeo Paisley, Sky Rodeo Paisley.
Tools: EK Success retro flower punches (large and medium).
Misc: Kaiser Craft pearls (the blue ones), Martha Stewart half pearls, Lara's Crafts wooden button plug 1/4".




No comments:

Post a Comment