Sunday, September 20, 2009

Party like a dinosaur (and a Shabby Nest interview)~


Mr. Two is a huge dinosaur fan... so this weekend we celebrated his 4th birthday with a dinosaur party! Some of you may recall the invitations that I posted about a week or so ago. Of course, my design OCD* extends to birthday parties, so I had to coordinate the invitations with the decor. *Obsessively Consumed with Decorating.





I just love a banner...and the one I made for Mr. Two used the same scrapbook paper, as well as the dinosaur and number 4 motifs that I used on the invitations.




For the party favors I made these fun little coloring books for the guests by printing out a bunch of free dinosaur coloring pages and then sewing them (yes, with my sewing machine) together into books. You might notice that the font on the front of the coloring book is the same font that I used on the invitations. (There's that design OCD again.) Of course, what are coloring books without crayons?...so I put several crayons and some glow-in-the-dark dinos that I found at the dollar spot in Target in cellophane bags and then sewed them shut with papers featuring the same dino clip art on the front of the coloring book.




The dino clip art made another appearance on the water bottle wraps.



And it just wouldn't be a birthday party without cake. I personally am a huge cupcake fan, so I created these little darlings and topped each with more dinosaurs that I found at Target. The kids loved these! (Just had to remind them that the dinosaurs were NOT edible.)




All in all, it was a great party, and Mr. Two couldn't have been happier with it (which is, after all, what really counts!)


My good friend Jen over at Sanctuary Arts is featuring an interview with little ole me today on her blog! I was so honored that she asked me. Hop on over and check it out! Thanks Jen!!


Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment