Monday, September 14, 2009

The Blog House

"Update: This fun little sign is attending the Linky Party hosted today at Funky Junk Interiors!"

It's kind of a joke in our house, my calling out "Who wants to watch a design show with Mommy?" Everyone yells "nooooooooo" while running away.

(Ha! Is that a good way to get a moment of peace and quiet or what!?)


A couple weeks ago I asked this question and instead of finding something better to do Isabella actually sat down next to me. We enjoyed watching an episode of 'Sarah's House' with Sarah Richardson. Mid way through the show Isabella turned to me saying, "she has the 'TV House' and you have 'The Blog House'. "

First I was simply delighted my daughter would pair me, in the same sentence, with Sarah Richardson...however absurd. Then her comment sparked the idea to make this sign.

As soon as the living room began to be repurposed as my work space I knew I had to make just such a sign for this room.


I didn't want to spend a dime on this little project. So I found an old unused frame and printed out letters rather than purchase rub on letters from Micheals.


The letters were enlarged until they were the size I wanted, and then cut from the sheets of paper.


Afterwards the letters were laid out and pasted on a large sheet of paper I had on hand.


The completed sign was hung above the Steelmaster Cabinet...and do you recall this painting of Roscoe by Isabella? I found another unused frame and hung her artwork above 'The Blog House' sign.

Both my business and blog are named after my children, Isabella and Max. As this and so many of my posts show...for good reason! What better inspiration can one ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment