Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ladder trick - overcoming uneven ground

I was grumpy yesterday.


I made a goal of painting the trim on the back of my house. I was so revved to get that new delicious colour (it looks like dark hot fudge) over top of the old faded cranberry trim! I grabbed all my tools and set out to work. But I quickly noticed I was going to have some issues with the ladder having a safe place to stay put due to the lumpy bumpy ground underfoot. I tried here and there and here again, to no avail. ARG! So I QUIT!

I sat on my lawn chair in the backyard, on a lovely sunny day, overlooking an incredible mountain view. And I found reason to pout!

Then something clicked. As the brainstorm became unfoggy, I leaped off my chair and ran for the woodpile.

I found the perfect scrap of 2x4 and other smaller helps to lay on the ground in order to stabilize the ladder. BINGO! It worked!

And it worked in the garden too!

My trim work got done. And I have new tricks I self taught myself that I was able to share with you. Life is good once again!

So... how do you lose your fear of painting trim while on a ROOF? I'll solve that one another day, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment