Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Floor Plan - Living Room Redesign


The floor plan design started with the wish to hang a chandelier in the living room. If there was a gorgeous fixture gracing the center of the room wouldn't a round table be perfect placed below? Then adding comfortable seating would be key. Four chairs...or better, a curved banquette and two chairs. Plenty of seating options for myself, clients or a group of people. For work or other gatherings.

You see, I want it all. This is the first room upon entering the home. I need a space to work in, but equally high on my lists of priorities is a space that looks good! In working out an unlikely floor plan for a work space I've gotten, as an added benefit, a room that can be useful for many purposes. Ah...and all the while looking good.


The chandelier and table are yet to be found, but deciding on seating was easy. I happen to sell Van Gogh furniture and quickly selected two Leena chairs in a beautiful textured fabric of gray, cream and beige. The chairs are simple and very comfortable.


I also chose the Derby love seat and had it made in the same fabric. The wonderful curved shape will hug a round table perfectly. It is elegant while filling the request for seating to lounge in to a tee.

When the supply of new decor magazines arrive in the mail each month you'll know just where I will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment