Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mini Post Office

Hello! Happy weekend!

Challenge #22 at Magnolia Down Under Challenge is ...anything but a card. Our sponsor for this challenge is Just Scrap and Stamp and Tania, owner and founder, has provided a fabulous prize to be won. Check out the prize at the MDUC blog and also check out the wonderful projects by the other DT gals. You can find the details of their projects on their individual blogs and I hope you will also leave a comment.

I've combined this challenge with the one at Magnolia-licious Highlites. The DT September Sketch Project!! is to create a Mini Accordion File Folder.

Here is my 'anything but' ...


I'm calling this my Mini Post Office, as I'm now using it keep all my postal stamps organized. I'm not too crazy about that designer paper I used, but I thought it was very appropriate for this project. It's not that pretty, sort of blah.....LOL. Oh well, it's only for myself.

There are six compartments that I can use. For sending my cards, Canada Post has basically 3 postal rates: for mailing within Canada, to the States and to everywhere else.
I've labelled the pockets:
- Domestic
- U.S.A.
- International
- Miscellaneous (for 1 or 2 cent stamps for those rate increases that Canada Post seems to introduce every year )
- Airmail (for Airmail stickers)
- Do Not Bend (labels that I like to slap on the front and back of my envelopes--my little note to the postal personnel, LOL)

There's a tutorial for this from Valerie Stangle. Click here to see. Valerie uses a strip of cardstock bent over to fit into a slot to close her file folder. I've replaced this with ribbons as I find that cardstocks are not meant to be bent. After repeated use, the cardstock strip does not look very nice anymore.

Enjoy your weekend!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Letter, Hero Arts Love Letters Postal Stamp.
DP: Gartner Studio Bon Voyage-Postage Stamps Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment