Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Suprise Sitemeter Gave Me

I did not add Site Meter to my blog until this past June, and it's a good thing it wasn't there any sooner!



Why you ask?

I started my blog almost two years ago on my husband's suggestion...it would be good for business. It seemed easy, so we set it up and then I virtually forgot about it. A year passed. But once we moved into our current home I thought, "Hey, I should start writing on that blog of mine once in a while."

I did. It was fun and gave me a reason to document projects. I sent out an email announcing the blog to friends and a few people visited and sent me a reply. A neighbor, Jeff, actually commented on the blog itself, proclaiming, "Woohoo! First one to post a comment on your blog!! Your house is gorgeous!!"

Cool...now leave me alone, I'm blogging here.

A couple months pass. I then start posting once or twice a week, as work begins on the Master Bath Redesign . One night while attending a neighborhood meeting for a proposed Farmers Market a neighbor says hi, commenting "I love your blog, it's addictive!"

Oh, you're reading it...regularly? That was daunting. The next time I sat down to write a post I froze. What do I say, what will they think? I took a break until I was ready to just write without worrying what people might think.

Fast forward a good six months, the blog starts to get occasional comments, people are emailing me directly with questions and overall I begin to get comfortable with putting my opinion out there. But honestly, I thought that if someone didn't mention a post to me in person, if I didn't get an email or a comment on a post, no one was out there.

Then I added Site Meter. I was shocked. Really. You've got to be kidding me, you are out there actually reading? I was absolutely surprised, and pleasantly so!

Things happen for a reason and sometimes ignorance is bliss. If I had known people were finding my blog I seriously would have been too self conscious to move forward!

So thanks for reading...(and please let someone comment on this post!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment