Saturday, April 18, 2009

When a 9 yr old boy helps decorate

While I was busy this Saturday AM cleaning up the 'nests' my 9 yr old son had made everywhere in sight upstairs, he disappeared downstairs. And it got VERY quiet. He suddenly came bombing upstairs, bursting at the seams to share with me what he created. (I so know that feeling)




Ah. I was greeted with a sign that told me to knock please. Now polite!

The room he chose to decorate is my newly renovated office downstairs. He found a fold out table and a stack of games that were suppose to come upstairs LONG ago.




The very dusty games are laid out onto a blanket, graced with a roll of firetruck reflective striping along with some sign samples and a perfectly placed pen. Yes, that's very new!




I was immediately treated to Christmas music on the keyboard. He found a prerecorded song he fell in love with and played along. Oh. And he got newly tatooed for this special revealing as well. (don't you just love those young little arms and hands?!? melt)




I'm not quite sure what you'd call this, but it apparently was pretty special. You have to admit, the lamp shows well against that chair.



Yes, that is a Christmas tree on the far right. He found it in the storage area under the stairs. It went with the Christmas music. (this is April by the way, never hurts to start early!) And later, the lamp got some hearing protection on it. I couldn't keep up with the changes.

My boy is excited about his new digs! Except for now he's back upstairs playing Lego StarWars Wii in the middle of MY living room. Making those nests again.

Do your kids take over the decorating from time to time? Do share! I wana know I'm not all alone in this... please?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment