Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today's roadside diving - SCORE!



Isn't this cute?!?! It's a birdhouse complete with post. Know where I found it? Buried under this massive pile of wood. The entire works was going to be burned! Hello?!?!?!?



Meet Gerry. He's my new bestest friend in my quaint little town. I was walking the dog around the block when I saw his trailer stacked with this precious weathered tongue and groove DIY treasure and ran to his gate where I heard him talking. I pleaded and begged and whatnot to have him make a quick stop in my driveway before he carried on. Ok, abit of a lie. He was all too happy to get rid of most of it before he had to take it much further.

My plan for it is to create a feature wall in my bathroom. It's the little wall with the one window that needs a punch of fun. And this was exactly what I was looking for. I even love the sunburned warmth of the mocha colour the wood is. A wire brush to it and it's good to go as is!

He also had a question for me. "What does your husband say to this sort of thing?"

"I don't have a husband, so I'm allowed to do this."

"OHHHHH...." and laughs full throttle.

Then I had to show him my madness. I took him for a quick tour inside my house to show him what funk I create out of junk. And honestly? When he saw all my stacked against the wall projects jammed in many corners, it probably stressed him out some. But he didn't show it. He happily waved goodbye and off he went to burn the rest of the load, probably very happy to be in an environment where there wasn't so much work to be done.

Gerry claims to love carpentry as a hobby and has just retired. Boy oh boy, I need to find someone just like that in my life. He'd be soooo busy outputting what's in my head. Nope. Gerry ran FAST for the hills when he saw the full mechanics of how my creative mind worked. Gerry is a smart dude.

Thanks again Gerry! I love the wood and the birdhouse!


And this is hilarious. I spotted this curbside dive just down the road. I hope you can make out the sign ok. I was laughing the entire time I was loading this baby into the back of my truck. It's a mid sized office chair, solid wood and weighs a ton! It was as sturdy as ever and is the perfect size for my 9 yr old son!

So much to do, so little time...

What recent finds have you landed? And where do YOU store your undone stuff? I'm having some trouble with storage. Does this mean I should be working on the stuff I already have rather than scooping up more ya think?
____________
Join Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for her 'Today's Thrifty Treasures', April 27th edition linky party to spot what others have recently collected!

No comments:

Post a Comment