Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Flowers in the Wind

Hello!

3 weeks into April and I finally, finally have a card done for Diana’s April sketch challenge at Magnolia-licious. Better late than never!


Here's Diana's sketch.

I’m using the Whirling Flower Tilda image here. It’s not a new Magnolia stamp, but it’s a new acquisition for me. Boy, I hesitated when I first saw the image stamped on paper. I said: whoa…wait a minute! hee hee. That one HUGE area of Tilda’s dress is a bit daunting to colour—easier for me to colour several small areas, one at a time. But I went ahead anyway--just another challenge, right?

I also wanted to try something new here for me in colouring. I was trying to imagine the light source coming from the east (or the right side) instead of the usual frontal exposure.

And the inside of the card looks like this:

Hope you like this card. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

Stamp: Magnolia #267 Whirling Flowers Tilda, Hero Arts F1843 Time to Enjoy.
DP's: Chatterbox Cottage Pixie Garden and Sky Bias Stripe
Tools: Martha Stewart Butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment