Sunday, April 12, 2009

Blossom

I'm still on my black and white kick. This is another card for my B&W+... collection and I've chosen pink to add to the black and white. I actually had a different shade of pink in mind for this card, a sort of softer more pastel pink, but somehow ended up with this sort of fushia colour.


This is a lovely sketch that Mina has provide at the Truly Scrumptious blog. The theme for their Challenge 4 is Flower Power. Yes!!! I simply love to use flowers.


As you can see I've used the Tilda-with-sunflower image. Yes, there is a sunflower hiding under that daisy-like flower that Tilda is holding, but I can't have a pink sunflower now, can I? Or maybe I can, artistic licence and all that, hee hee. Nuh, I think this looks better.


I made a flower that's just big enough to cover the sunflower and attached that to the sunflower with the brad that I use as a flower centre. The card has a more 3-D look now.




I wasn't too sure about adding the flowers at the corners, but the challenge says to "go crazy with those flower embellishments!!", so that's what I did--LOL. Besides it seemed a shame not to use the flowers after I spend all that time creating them--I like too make my own flowers. It did look pretty okay to me without the flowers though.

And this is what the inside of the card looks like.



Have a good Easter Monday!

Stamps: Magnolia #284 Tilda With Sunflower, Hot Off the Press acrylic stamps Botanicals, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps 97623 Garden Delight, Imaginisce Twitterpated Collection Blossom DP: Colorbok 55057 Paper Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment