Thursday, April 9, 2009

Frugal Friday~

Frugal Friday really struck a chord with my readers! I'm glad. I think it's important to be able to create a warm, cozy environment for our families, but to be budget conscious at the same time. (Well, actually, the budget conscious part isn't just important, it's totally necessary!)

One of the easiest ways I've found to make something look finished and intentional in decorating is to add fabric. Now before you go thinking that adding fabric is adding $$, let me give you a few ideas. If you're anything like me, and you probably are if you are reading this blog, you enjoy changing out your decor every once in a while. My advice is to hold on to old curtains, or tablecloths, or sheets when you move on to something else. They almost inevitably come in handy.



Of course, if you don't have a stash of old curtains, you can pick up fabric inexpensively by purchasing remnants or using your coupons...(JoAnn's always has good coupons!) All of this said, let me show you today's Frugal OCD (Obsessively Consumed with Decorating) project.


This is my closet-home-office I mentioned in Tuesday's post. The picture is cut in close because the closet is still missing drywall (just keeping it real). Until it is finished I have this little table that fits right inside and holds my antique computer and printer. Under the table was looking pretty junky with the mammoth hard drive and speakers that this ancient computer uses. So I decided to cover it up! I used less than two yards of this great fabric and simply staple gunned it to the apron of the table, pleating it every 8 inches or so. Easy peasy...and much better looking than the mess underneath!
Have Frugal Friday decorating ideas? Let me know!

And before I go...my fabulous and amazing bloggy friend Kasey is hosting an incredible giveaway to celebrate her 200th post. Hop over and congratulate her!

Have a great weekend and a happy Easter~

No comments:

Post a Comment