Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sending You Happy Thoughts

Happy Saturday! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

For this card, I've stepped away from my Magnolia stamps and any colouring with markers. Strictly doing stamping, embossing and using my punches (like what I was doing before falling into what I call my Tilda addiction--LOL). I have to make use of my other stamps!!!

This weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly Challenge is a recipe challenge!To be included on your card are:
1 - circle
2 - ribbons
3 - stamps/images

Here's the card I created
As you can see the theme of my card is butterfly. The designer paper I used is double-sided and has butterflies on the other side.

I've turned over the top left corner of the paper to show the butterfly pattern. Hope you can see that. I used copper embossing powder for the stamped image at the corner.



The butterfly in the circle is embossed in white embossing powder. On a separate card stock, I made a 2nd similar butterfly and cut it out. I placed the 2nd butterfly over the 1st with foam tape to give it a 3-dimensional look. The scalloped edge of the circle was outlined with a glue stick pen and then dipped in micro glitter.

I took a picture of the inside of my card this time.




Stamps: Basic Grey bitsy stamp set butterfly, MSE My Sentiments Exactly M101 thinking of you
DP: KI Memories Bloom Dandelions

No comments:

Post a Comment