Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Birdhouse and old wood projects have begun! Why? Because I'm being forced by...

Melissa at The Inspired Room. She's having a 'Project Procrastinator's Party'.

(click on pic to check it out!)

We are to post the before of a project now and link to her site, and then in two weeks, post the after. Two weeks?!? Pishaw... no problem! (gulp)

Remember my story about Gerry dropping off his garbage wood pile on the way to a big burn pile, but landed on my driveway instead? (yes, I wangled free delivery on this one! I am on a mission, people!)


And remember this adorable birdhouse and post that was buried under that DIY gemware?

Here's what I will promise. I will post an after pic of the birdhouse in full action. Why the birdhouse? Because I've already started the project so I know it'll be ok. (cheat cheat!)

Honestly, I've been working soooo hard on the garden lately. It was baaaaad. I went for my camera while doing the major weeding and installing of the birdhouse, but my son was sick and sleeping inside the room where my camera was and I didn't want to risk waking him at the time. But for the reveal, I'll take a pic of a similar weed bed in the same shape. Yes, I'm the unfortunate owner of a few of those.

As for the wood... I have another idea for it, but not sure I can make it work in two weeks. I have two ideas for the wood... but I will if I can!

1. Attach the tongue and groove rustic wood onto a small bathroom area to create a feature weathered wall.

or...

2. Attach the tongue and groove rustic wood onto a framed only greenhouse out back to create a character building. I'm leaning towards #2 if I have enough wood! And what's better yet is, this weekend I'm going into the little neighbouring summer town that has a store with character buildings just like this, so I'll snap a few photos for inspiration! I'm also going to hang an old window and get a window box together underneath for a grand spillage of lovely flowers.

So there you have it. A birdhouse garden, and a character shed or a rustic bathroom wall. Ok, maybe just the garden. Ok, I'll try the other too. But here's the deal. I'm not spending money to complete these things. So my garden won't be in full bloom and all that. But I know you gals have wonderful imaginations thank goodness. So let the play begin!

So, fess up. What project do you wish you'd get a move on with? Please tell me I'm not alone in this one...

I have a solution for you too. Why not join in the 2 week challenge? Hope to see you at Melissa's!

No comments:

Post a Comment