Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Popsicles! A Guest Post~

Today I'm excited to have my dear friend Damaris visiting us here at The Shabby Nest. Damaris writes a lovely cooking blog...and is beautiful and talented and all around wonderful....and she has come up with a ROCKIN' dessert for Thanksgiving that she's going to share with all of us today. What a great way to start off the week!




Hi, my name is Damaris but you can call me Da. I met Wendy when I was in college. She was married and had two young children at the time. Her home was wonderfully stylish, wonderfully cozy, and wonderfully clean. I loved being over at her house but it wasn't until I had a family of my own that I thought back many times on Wendy's sense of style and wondered "how did she do it all?"

Well, as you can see by her beautiful blog and this wonderful space that she's created that she continues to do it! I feel honored to share a recipe on The Shabby Nest. Thanks Wendy!

Here is the scoop, I blog at Kitchen Corners about cooking for and with my kids. I always encourage my children to try new things and am proud to say that I am NOT a picky eater. There is one thing, though, that I don't love. It's called pumpkin pie. To be honest, I don't even really like it. Basically, I tolerate this traditional Thanksgiving dessert. Maybe it's because I'm Brazilian and didn't grow up with Thanksgiving feasts. I don't know. It baffles me because I love food. Wait, that's an understatement, I adore food. I live for food and pumpkins are king, whip cream is heavenly, and pie crusts are the world's best culinary invention. Still, I don't like pumpkin pie.

So my 4-year-old and I came up with a recipe that has all the goodness of pumpkin pie, only in a different format. I present you the pumpkin pie popsicle. I love the pumpkin pie popsicle and am making it on Thursday for those of us who loves a little variation.



This is an easy recipe to make totally doable with kids.

1cup Libby's Pumpkin Pie mix
1 heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 cup crushed graham crackers

1.In a blender mix the heavy cream with sugar and cinnamon in high speed for 30 seconds. Place inside a large gallon sized plastic bag.

2.Mix The cup of Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix with the milk in a blender in high speed for 30 seconds. Place in a separate gallon sized plastic bag.

3.Cut a small hole on one tip of the plastic bag that has the pumpkin mix. This will help you pour the mixture into your popsicle molds.

4.Pour the pumpkin mixture into the Popsicle molds 3/4 full.

5.When the pumpkin mixture has frozen, add the whip cream mixture by cutting a small hole on the plastic bag and pouring it until the Popsicle mold is completely full.

6.Sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top of the whip cream and freeze.

7.Serve when popsicles are completely frozen.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


When I met Damaris we were both living in Massachusetts, she live in sunny California now...a perfect place for popsicles, but I'll tell you what...even with the snow outside that has been dumping on us here in Utah, my kids would devour Pumpkin Pie Popsicles in a heartbeat! Thanks Damaris!!!

Tomorrow I will be announcing the winner of the EcoNaturals Soap giveaway....so there 's still time to enter if you haven't had a chance!

And for my November thankful thought today: I'm thankful for getting to spend time with my two older kiddos and the Hubby this weekend on our "date" to see Harry Potter. Good times with great kids...oh how I love them!

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment