Monday, November 22, 2010

My Take on the DIY Sunburst Mirror and a Winner~

So I've seen all of the fabulous Sunburst Mirrors cropping up around blogland...and I knew that I was going to have to make me one. Trick was, I could only use things that I had hanging around the house. Luckily, I've found that having limitations like that, often works in my favor. I am forced to think outside the box...so I thought. and I thinked. and I thunk. and then I remembered this pretty little thing!









I made this wreath at the beginning of the book-wreath-craze last year. I even shared a tutorial on how you can make one of your own, so I'll spare you all the repetition here, but you can check it out if you'd like to know more.
I've been in love with this wreath ever since I made it, but I thought that perhaps it might want a little sprucing up. I mean who (or what) doesn't want a little bling, right?


My mother is always a great source of free goodies, so I asked her if she "happened" to have a round mirror that she didn't need. Of course she did. I was in luck.




Then all I did was whip out "old blue" my trusty glue gun, and glue the mirror onto the wreath. Simple.





And now I have a fabulous sunburst mirror.




Love.

And the winner of the EcoNaturals Soap giveaway is Melissa who said "I'd love to try out these products. Especially the lip balm!" Congratulations, Melissa!!! Please drop me an email and we'll get you set up with your fabulous prize!

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment