Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Inspiration~

I decorate for Christmas on the day after Thanksgiving. I just like to give Thanksgiving its due. A lot of times I feel like it is the forgotten holiday. Wedged in there between Halloween and Christmas...the prelude to Black Friday. And, honestly, Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays. So I wait until the next day to pull out my Christmas decor. (No offense to anyone that likes to decorate pre-Thanksgiving...I KNOW it's hard to wait.)


But, all of that said, I start thinking about and preparing my Christmas decor long before that. (Like right after Halloween.) And this year I've decided to go with mostly whites and silvers. I have a lovely neutral palette running through my head.

....And then my copy of Country Living arrived. And I saw these photos....














And I swooned. I just love them. all. Interesting how this pale-on-pale Christmas color scheme seems to be popping up all over the place this year. I guess great minds think alike, huh?


And today I am especially thankful for a warm house to live in as a blizzard rages outside and the temperatures plummet to the low teens. I know how blessed we are. How very blessed.

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment