Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Fall Tote Rehab~

This was one of those (too easy for words) projects that I was debating whether or not I wanted to bore you people with posting about. But just today I received three compliments on it, so I decided maybe it was post-worthy after all.


Meet my sweet little wool tote. I purchased this bag a few years back at Banana Republic, and it has served me well. With it's heavy wool, it is perfect for cold weather accessorizing. And it's roomy enough for me to stash all those kiddo-things that moms inevitably get stuck with. I love it.





When I pulled it out this year, however, I noticed it was looking a little bit worse for the wear. I even thought about donating it to goodwill (GASP!). But then I had a brilliant little idea. I had several posy pins laying around. A few that I won in a giveaway from The Pleated Poppy and some that my sweet sister made for me out of vintage fabrics she stashed away from my grandmother. They just happened to blend well with one another...so I pinned them on the bag in a cluster. They may or may not be covering a spit up stain. ;-)



VOILA! A "new" bag at no cost! Gotta love free fall accessories!



And everything old is new again!

For my November thankful thought of the day...Today I'm grateful for this view outside my boys' bedroom window!


Lots of fall inspiration and a tutorial coming your way this week!
Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment