Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gifts To Make With Kids: Part II

Here are a few more trays that Isabella, Max and I had fun painting last week. They really got creative with these and it will be interesting to see who they decide to give each tray to this Christmas.


Again, these trays were ordered from the Oriental Trading Company, but similar ones can be found at Michael's or Joann Fabrics.


I decided to paint one with red chalkboard paint from Hudson Paint, leftover from painting the Chalkboard Dresser.


Max got all intense and focused...for a few minutes at least.


I'm not quite sure what his inspiration was...but I see an "M".


Isabella and I also decided to try the "age metal finish" used on the DIY Architectural Letters on one tray...



...and painted a small stencil design on another. After the tray was dry I sanded quite a bit of the paint away to create an aged finish.


Finally, Isabella brushed metallic paint from Rust-Oleum onto the last tray. After drying she painted a stocking on it with the red chalkboard paint and used white paint for the fur trim. I love the texture she created on the trim!





Super cute, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment