Friday, November 19, 2010

Kitchen Nook Art & Chalkboard Wall - Ready For Use





When I saw this latest painting by Max I was excited, knowing it was just right for the kitchen nook wall. I asked him if I could hang it here. Can you believe he looked at me and said, "No, it's for sale."

Oh. Can I buy it?

After giving it some serious thought he replied, "Hum...okay. It's $5.99."

Wow, really? And off I went to get my wallet. I was actually relieved I could afford it because it had to be hung on this wall!




I have a plan to add simple frames around these canvases, though with the holidays here I probably won't get around to that DIY project until the first of the year. There are probably a dozen canvases in our home that will look even better once a thin slice of trim is added around the edges. Of course I'll be sure to post a tutorial.


The stripe running up the wall really works here, visually anchoring the corner and relating to the bands of brown accenting the drape edges. The brown chalkboard paint color, Strong Addiction from Hudson Paint, coordinates beautifully with the roman shade and drapery fabrics.

This may be my last project for awhile, with Thanksgiving next week, though the fabric for the master bedroom duvet just arrived! Shoot. Perhaps the following week I'll get to it. With the completion of the duvet and a couple additional pillows that project will be done, I really can hardly wait.

Also, look for my latest Houzz Ideabook tomorrow, which interestingly features kitchen nooks. You may spot a nook I got a bit of inspiration from!

No comments:

Post a Comment