Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dear Santa - November Christmas blog hop

Happy 25th of November!

Yikes! Already? Yeah!!! You know what it means...exactly one month before Christmas Day. It's also time for another Christmas card for the Christmas All Year Long Group and our November Blog Hop. The Christmas Group (thanks to Julie for organizing it) is part of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group (thanks to Deb also who is the owner of the Yahoo Group).

The start of the Blog Hop and also a list of the participants can be found at the Christmas Group's blog here.

If you are playing along and have arrived at my blog from Monique's, then you are in the right track. Your next stop from here will be at Peggie's blog.

So here's my last card for the Christmas Group this year. Yes, this is our last hop of the year--there won't be one in December.


Yes, this is another front panel side step card. I am loving this style of card. (Template for this is in a previous posting here, if you're interested.)

This was a card that I had created for the Magnolia Ink Magazine contest. The theme was to make a card with your best Christmas memory. I thought ‘writing a letter to Santa’ would be a fond Christmas memory. I cheated a bit here…tee hee…because I don’t actually remember ever writing a letter to Santa. I was brought up more on Sinterklass and Zwarte Piet. I do remember leaving grass in my shoes for Sinterklass' horse and hiding under the bed afraid that Zwarte Piet would take me away in his bag…LOL. What a hoot! Okay, enough reminiscing….


I am using this card for the following challenges:

Challenge Up Your Life Challenge #31 - St. Nicholas
Everybody-Art-Challenge #118 - Use shape
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #140 - Blast From the Past (Challenge # 103 - Dimensions)
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #11 -Layer on Layer


The images I have used on this card are from Magnolia and they can purchased from Magnolia-licious on-line store. And if the item you want isn't in stock, please contact Diana and she will be happy to order it in for you.

On the front panel, I have the adorable Tilda Writing Diary sitting on the Santa Bench. And on the side panel, I have Santa Handing out Presents.

I have coloured Tilda and the Bench with my markers.

Santa, however, was actually coloured during my summer vacation when I was bumming around Europe with my Prismacolor pencils. So he is all done up with my Prismas. He looks like he is floating in air, but there’s actually a swirl design on the DP that I had him sitting on. You can probably have a better look on this flatten-card picture.


I won't bother showing the inside of the card, as I didn't do anything special there except to cover them up with designer paper.

Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your visit. Have a wonderful day! And get busy with your own Christmas cards!!!


If you're following the Christmas blog hop, your next blog to visit is Peggie's.


Stamps: Tilda Writing Diary from Raising the Ceiling & Right Through My Heart Collection 2010, Santa Handing Out Presents and Santa Bench from the Santa Collection 2008. Ho Ho Ho sentiment from TPC Studio Christmas Expressions clear stamps.

DP's: from Me&My BIG Ideas Specialty Cardstock Pad Modern Milan.

Tools: Coluzzle Oval template.

Misc.: Recollections Autumn pearls, Vintage Attic Treasures pearls, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter




No comments:

Post a Comment