Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Neutral Halloween~

I grew up in a home where my mother decorated for every holiday. And when I say every holiday, I mean EVERY holiday. At the beginning of each month, she'd pull out her decorations for whatever holiday happened to fall that month, and up they would go. Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, July 4th, no holiday was overlooked.

Although I haven't inherited my mother's "thoroughness" for holiday decorating (I really don't have a collection of St. Patrick's Day decorations for example) I have always been very prompt with my holiday decor. First day of the month and up it went...except Christmas which always goes up the day after Thanksgiving.

But this year, with all that has been going on, I just haven't been on top of my game. And poor little Mr. Two has been reminding me just about daily that we need Halloween decorations. I really wasn't up to pulling out everything, but I finally did get out a few of my more understated pieces. I really like the way they look...and luckily, it appeased Mr. Two who seems to be obsessed with Halloween this year.


I am a neutral girl at heart. I just love a neutral palette. So this year most of my Halloween has been black and white. Love it!







Here's my mantle. Very understated. A couple of white pumpkins, a small skull, my "eek" letters and a "boo" garland. I love that it doesn't scream Halloween.




Unless of course you add a giant spiderweb. ;-) (spiderweb courtesy of the Halloween actions over at Picnik.com)



And then there are my Halloween Pixies. These little creatures have been showing up at my house around Halloween for the last few years. This year I decided they needed a new home in the sweet shabby birdcage I stole inherited from my Mom a few weeks back. Aren't they sweet? Mr. Two is especially enamoured with them.




Thought they could use a treat...so I added a candycorn frame to this photo. (Couldn't help myself Picnik.com is too much fun.) If you'd like to know how to create some Halloween pixies of your own, I shared a tutorial here.
There's a little more Halloween spread around the old nest, but I've been too lazy busy to get any decent photos of it to share with you all...so you'll have to take my word for it. ;-)
Oh, and I'll be announcing the winner of the Greenleaf Gifts giveaway tomorrow...so if you haven't had a chance to enter, hurry over and leave me a comment.
Have a great Monday, y'all~

No comments:

Post a Comment