Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Mom Cave: The (in progress) Home Office~

Welcome! Today I'm participating in the "Mom Cave" contest over at Centsational Girl!



Mr. One and his mad photography skills caught me hanging out
in my favorite reading chair in the office


I have been wanting a space in my home that's just mine. So I've adopted the home office as my "Mom Cave".

Here is the way the office looked when I decided to claim it. Let's just say that it left me feeling a bit "uninspired."









So I came up with a plan. But everything changed when my husband John was in a serious car accident just a few days after I started the redo. And the day after John's accident was my last day at work because my contract came to an end. I was unemployed, and John wasn't able to work. So my redo plans came to a screeching halt.

I'm nothing if not FRUGAL, however, so I set about doing the best I could with what I already had.


Here is what I've been able to accomplish to date. (We are renting this house, so the wall color had to stay.)












As you can see, my "Mom Cave" is still in need of accessorizing. A $250 gift certificate from HomeGoods would go a long way toward prettifying the space. And with all the stress of taking care of a recuperating husband as well as trying to find a way to make a living myself, I sure could use a pretty place to escape...don't you think?



You can check out the other entrants to the "Mom Cave" contest over at Centsational Girl.
I'll be back with more details on what I've done so far tomorrow.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment