Friday, October 29, 2010

Drapery Panels: Done! And Next? A Few Pillows...

Let me celebrate, the drapery panels are done! The sun didn't show up afterwards, however, and this is one hard room to photograph on a dark rainy day. I'll take more photos and post as soon as the sun decides to smile down on me, but this is what I have for now. (Let me tell you, this weather just really makes me want to curl up under the covers, catch up on some reading and take a nap!)


Using the steps I outlined in this (long, multi-post) tutorial, the drapes were cut, sewn and hemmed...

(checking fabric band placement, in the harsh early morning light!)

...with a band of fabric added along the bottom edge, following the steps in a tutorial here. I think I'm good for about one pair of drapes a year. Any more than that and I would be sending the fabric to the seamstress, despite the cost. (Ha, who am I kidding....)



Up next, a very easy project in comparison...stitching a few pillows using this muted green fabric and a bit of gorgeous trim.


Have a fabulously spooky Halloween weekend! Also, look for my latest Houzz Ideabook tomorrow, in which I showcase a stylish collection of rooms designed using the color palette of black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment