Monday, October 25, 2010

Joy Peace Love - October Christmas Blog Hop

Happy 25th of October! Time for me to post another Christmas card for the Christmas All Year Long Group. And it is part of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group.

This is also a blog hop! The list of participants and the start of the blog hop can be found at the Christmas Group's blog here. If you're following this hop and you came here from Lori's, then you are on the right track. Your next visit from here will be at Peggie's.

Yikes, only 2 months before Christmas! Can you believe it? It's creeping on us...and fast!!! You may think it's still too far away, but it will be here before you know it...hee hee. It's a good thing my collection is growing slowly but surely. I've made another easel card--a regular size one this time..LOL (for me that's 6" x 6").

I've used 3 Magnolia images for this card, all from last year's Christmas Collection, So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009: Tilda with Gift, Sparkling Tilda and Fir in Snow ( I like this one--I call it my Charlie Brown Christmas tree...LOL). BTW, I am waiting on pins and needles for the new A Merry Little Christmas 2010 Collection to arrive. Have you seen the images? They are oooh, so adorable! You can purchase the ones I have used here from Diana's store, Magnolia-licious. And the upcoming ones are also available for pre-order there/here.

I went with a pink and blue colour scheme as I found this delish DP from last year's Basic Grey Christmas DP collection. And I actually only needed one sheet as the paper is double sided. I've added some snow on the little tree just by dabbing some white-drying glue on the branches and then covering them in transparent glitter. Did the same thing with the punched snowflakes.


This is what the inside of my card looks like.

I am using this card to enter a few challenges:

Challenge Up Your Life - Challenge #30 - Easel Card.
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #41 - A Natural Woman.
Let's Ink It Up - Challenge #5 - Make a Scene.
Fussy & Fancy Friday - Challenge #22 - Winter Wonderland.

Hmm.....that's about it for now.

Thank you so much for dropping by. Enjoy your day and hope you have a marvelous week. Yikes..it's only Monday--and I'm already looking forward to next weekend...LOL.

Now to continue with the hop, go ahead and say hi to Peggie!


Stamps: Tilda with Gift, Sparkling Tilda and Fir in Snow, all from Magnolia's So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009, available from Magnolia-licious. Sentiment stamp from Inkadinkadoo clear-stamp set Holiday Filigree.

DP: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses Collection Village.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Peony, Martha Stewart edge punch Snowflakes and large craft punch Snowflake. EK Success punch Snowflake.
Misc.: Mark Richards Cabochons Lt. Pink, Vintage Attic Treasures white pearls, Studio G and Recollections rhinestones, Ribbons from my stash, Jewel Micro-fine glitter cool highlight, Tim Holtz distressing ink pad Tea Dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment