Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Industrial chic! That's what I think it is!



Oh my gosh. I think I know what my decorating style is! Finally!

What is industrial chic?

 Margo from Margo's Junkin' Journal  says:

"My take on it is anything vintage factory, transit, manufacturing, medical or school related. I'm sure there are more words that can fit, but as you know pictures speak a thousand words."

So here's my own take on industrial chic...


Outdoor workhorses and ladders come on inside.


The top of the desk has industrial sized bolts holding it together. (just an illusion... the bolts sit inside drilled holes)


 Complete with rusty old gears for office helps.

(palette desk link HERE)


Those gears land everywhere around here.


Stairs appear to be built from crate remnants from factories long diminished.


 Simple industrial steel rods cut to size are made into rails.

(crate stair link HERE)

(building of the steel rails HERE)



Tools and such are displayed in...
 

an old factory palette turned TV stand of course!

(palette TV stand link HERE)
 I'm not entirely sure if my fireplace falls under this category, but to me the oversized metal components look a little industrial, like they came off some big oversized antique pizza oven or something.

(fireplace link HERE)


 Heavy gauge sheet metal was fabricated into an island top... that looks somewhat industrial.

(kitchen island link is HERE)

Um... yeah, I'd def say these whatever they ares fit right in. They're auto parts.

(how to vignette with junk HERE)

I'm even currently holding an industrial chic giveaway. How about that!

(enter HERE)

 Oh my GOSH my house is weird! :)


I'm linking up to Margo's Industrial Chic party.
Join in HERE!
 Do you have a style you can't quite pinpoint either? 
What's it called to you?
What would you call my style?

No comments:

Post a Comment