Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just Because



Have you ever had a day when you just couldn't seem to come up with an idea for a card?  Well that happened to me today.  Finally after lunch I decided to work with a new Tim Holtz flower Sizzix die called "Tattered Florals".  This is another new product Joan's Gardens is carrying.  Flowers always get me -- they make me happy so all of a sudden I had a lot of ideas going on in my head.  There are four different flowers on this die.  I use the two middle sized flowers.  As I told you in the pine cone tutorial, I conditioned the card stock after cutting out the flowers.  This just helps to shape them better.  I used the black mat and stylus to push them down to give them shape.  I sponged around the edges with a darker pink to give the petals a more realistic look.  I LOVE how these turned out. 

The background designer paper is from the Kaiser Craft "Candy Lane Collection" paper pad.   The pendant under the flowers is the Spellbinder "Fleur De Lis" die.  After assembling the flowers I arranged them on the pendant.  A few leaves were cut using a Sizzix die.   It is Sizzlits die called "Branch w/Leaves".  

Can you see the hummingbird?   He is from the JustRite stamp set "Backyard Birds".  I cut him apart from the flower and attached him to my flower with a small dimensional dot.   The greeting is from the JustRite "Just A Note" stamp set.  It was cut out with a circle Nestie.  A piece of pretty lace was added to the bottom of the card.  

Do you like the flowers made with this Tim  Holtz Sizzix die? 

Have you checked out the sale Joan's Gardens has this month on JustRite stamps?  The sale ends Oct 31.

Tomorrow I will be back with my last post as October Guest Designer for JUGS.  The challenge is something I have never done.  Hope you come be back tomorrow to see what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment