Monday, October 18, 2010

The Great Wall of Grainsacks shall begin! (update)


 I had the BEST mail ever arrive this fine AM.


A dear blog friend heard my plight of not being able to find grain sacks in my area and rescued me from my depths of despair!


 This girl didn't mess around either. She found quite the eclectic varied collection!


 With some looking crisp and brand new...


 ... while others looked weathered and very time worn. LOVE!!


 What this gal probably doesn't even know is, I'm fanatical about typography as I'm a signmaker by trade. I've always loved vintage advertising, and this stuff is right up my funky alley! I've long drooled over other's grainsack collection only to be frustrated at not being able to find my own.




Check out the most boring wall EVER. This is right above my crate stairway. And it needs some fun.

I can totally picture boarding up this entire wall, coating it out in white, beating it up abit, then mounting grain sacks to it. And I mean, filler up!

Hence starts my varied collection, once piece at a time. I'll be able to look at this wall and smile BIG and wide one day. And blame it all on Cathleen. :)

Cathleen, thank-you so much for the lovely 'just because' gift! I promise I'll do you proud with this new project!


Cathleen's blog is called Today Along The Journey. Check out these yummy benches she redid. Nice!


Ohhh! And she's a pro sewer too! Check out these cutie pies HERE.

Inspiration has HIT. It's time to board up this wall so I can hang up Cathleen's contribution and start this project off right! How to board it up? And above a stairway no less?!? I have NO idea. But isn't that part of the fun after all? :)

Update:


 Dear Great Wall of Grainsacks. You are in grave danger. I mean seriously. Cool no sew pillow cases... hello?!? I can barely stand all this goodness.

Are you a grain sack collector? What's your fav thing to do with yours?
 
Closes Tuesday midnight. Get in while ya can. :)
click HERE to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment