Thursday, October 14, 2010

Broom Tilda - mini easel card

Happy Thursday!

This is my first mini easel card!!! This is so much fun to make that I wonder that I haven't done one before now. And this adorable apprentice witch..lol..is named Sitting Witch Tilda and I leaned here against the Pumpkin & Leaves. Both images are from Magnolia and you can purchase them at Diana's store, Magnolia-licious. If she doesn't have them in stock, you can just ask her and she will order them in for you.


I gave my Big Shot machine quite a work out. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities. I have the various circle and scalloped-circle sets, but I don’t know which sizes I used for this card. I just played around with the die cuts to see which circle fits into which scalloped circle which fits into which circle which fits into which…and so on—you get the picture.

This mini card is only as big as your largest die cut. In this case it is 4 1/8 inches in diameter. And of course this is an easel card, which makes it even cuter when it’s that small. Hmm…new obsession maybe?



Ooh, lots of challenges that I can use this card to enter with. It seems to be the time of year where everyone focuses on Halloween.

Let’s Ink It Up - Challenge #4 – Halloween colours.
Double Dutch – Challenge 54 – Boo to you!
Papertake Weekly – 3 of a kind. I’m sure I have at least 3 of a lot of things here, but the most obvious is there are 3 base circles.
Everybody-Art-Challenge 112 – Halloween.
Crafts and Me - Challenge 15 – Halloween.
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Challenge 21 – Halloween project.
Stamp Something – Something punchy challenge.
Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge104 – Distressing.



I was inspired to make this card when I saw Marianne's card and you can see hers in her posting here. This being a mini card, there is hardly any space to write your personal messages on, so there is a third circle that has been added. This is secured with a brad and you can swing this to and fro to reveal the hidden circle underneath. She is one smart cookie! I just luuvvv…this idea.

Thanks for dropping by. Your visit is much appreciated. Enjoy your day. Just one more day after today before the weekend. Woo hoo…

Stamps: Sitting Witch Tilda and Pumpkin & Leaves, both from Magnolia's So Spooky Collection 2009.

DP: Provo Craft Tim Coffey Fall Pumpkins and another DP that isn't marked at the back so I don't know it's name.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Small, Petite Ovals Large and Small, Classic Scalloped Circles Large and Small, Petite Scalloped Circles Large and Small, Big Shot machine.

Embellishments: Recollections pearl brad and Autumn Collection pearls.
Misc: Tim Holtz distress ink pad Vintage Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment