Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

Hello and a happy Sunday to you all! Do I have to mention that it's the last one before.....you know.....I guess not, LOL.

I have a good friend who I used to work with, but she has retired quite a while back and moved to the Island (that's Vancouver Island, not Hawaii, hee hee...). She has since adopted a dog as a pet. So I made this card for Shirley and Muffin--Shirley is the friend (duh!).

I created this card for Magnolia Down Under Challenge #29, our last challenge of the year. And this fortnight challenge is…Stamp with Another Use?!

This is a chance for you to be really creative and think outside the box--to take a Magnolia image/stamp and use it for something than what it was designed for. For example, our very talented DT member, Debbie, has taken an Easter Tilda image and she has made a baby card with it. And here I have taken the image of Tilda with Puppy (not sure which collection she is from) and used it to make a Christmas card. I've used the traditional Christmas colours and added a Santa's hat to Tilda's head. But please check out the creative geniuses of the other DT members at MDUC.

And this weeks sponsor is Magnolia Down Under *STORE* and the prize this fortnight is….

There are 3 prizes AND we will have this challenge up till January the 17th when we will be returning from a break… SO it’s giving you almost a full month to get your entries in to be in the running…..

1st Prize ONE of these….
2nd Prize $10 voucher…
3rd Prize ….. Lazy Summer Collection 12 sheets of 5.5″x5.5″

Aren't these prizes fab? Too bad, I can't enter this challenge myself....big sigh...
But hey, I can enter a couple of other challenges with this card instead:
At Simon Says Challenge, this week their theme is Merry Christmas.
At Stamp Something, they are having their Holiday Somethings challenge.

I've decorated the inside of my card with the Tilda image that I borrowed the hat from.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I hope you can find the time to relax a bit--if not before Christmas, then after.... A Happy Christmas to you and yours, and please, have a safe holiday season.

Stamps: Sentiment is from Plaid #47237 4-Christmas-sentiment rubber stamp wood block.
DP's: all from the DCWV Holiday Stack Collection.
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch, Marvy Uchida scallop circle punches, Coluzzle circle templateMcGill twig punch, EK Success leave punch, circle hand punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment