Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Festivities & What Happens When I Try To Get A Photo Of Myself


As I was headed out the door,
to the first stop on the Progressive Dinner,
I picked up an unfinished wreath project and hung it on
the deer head.
After seeing it hanging
I decided it looked good enough to pronounce the wreath done!

(I'm realizing Holiday Decor is really not my best talent
or top interest.)


The Neighborhood Progressive Dinner was a hit and the talk is
there should be another one next summer.

Oh, it has been cold.
The thought of a party on a balmy summer evening,
lingering late into the night...outdoors,
sounds like heaven.


One of the houses on the route.
This is what my house could have looked like.
Do you remember this post?

After Friday's fashion dilemma post,
I just had to shake my head
when there were comments requesting I get photos
of myself at the party to share.

Rarely are there any good photos of me at any event in my life.
(Including my Wedding. That this a whole other story!)

That is what happens when you are the one
always behind the camera.
If I do pass off the camera with the idea there will be evidence
I was present...

...well, I'll just let these photos speak for themselves.

Thanks Jeff, for mocking my efforts.

(A few people who had read the last post and comments
knew I was trying to get a photo of myself.)



See?
I really don't know what to say.

Do I need better photographers in my life,
perhaps a better camera?
This camera is extremely challenged in night lighting.
Perhaps I need to read its manual or take a class?
In all my spare time?


Okay, this one is a bit better,
I think someone played with the settings.

Am I alone is this phenomenon?
Do you go to put together an album, scrapbook or post
only to find there are no decent photos,
(if there are any at all)
showing you were a participant in your life?

Regardless, the evening was just too much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment