Saturday, December 26, 2009

Improving your blog - bad spellers will love iespell!



I have found a new toy that I had to share. I use it with every single net post (including Facebook!) and couldn't live without it at this point. And it's free!

If you are posting through blogger in the enhanced mode, you will have noticed by now, there is no longer a spell check feature. Drove me insane for the longest time trying to find it. Guess what. It doesn't exist. Why, who knows.

After many hours of digging in the how-to blogger archives, someone mentioned downloading iespell. 

I went for it, desperate to get my spelling mistakes tweaked for me once again as I make many.

The outcome? LOVE!

iespell is a must have. It checks anything to comment on when online. Anything! Once downloaded, it hides in your tool menu. For example, after writing this piece, while this window is open, I'll simply go to tools along your upper menu bar and iespell will magically be there to select. The drop down menu offers you alternatives as well as dictionary meanings if you allow for that option when downloading. I just said yes to all. What could it hurt?



Here is a screen shot from iespell's site on how user friendly it truly is.
I won't go through all the motions on how to download it as it's very self explanatory.

For iespell, click HERE and start. You will LOVE it.

But just know, this is for IE users only.

Now. I hope you don't mind me slipping in a couple inquiries I'm having with the enhanced blogger new post feature which I cannot find answers for.

 How do you link a url to a pic?

When I select the picture, and go to add a url to attach to it, my post is simply left with text under the picture. It is not not not working for me like it did in the old method of posting in blogger.
The archive help menu says select the picture and you get dots around it that indicates the picture is selected. I am not getting that. No dots. No matter where I click.

Why doesn't a little pic show up in my blogroll dashboard at times?

I always have pictures in my posts. Why do they show up sometimes and not others?

(perhaps I'll have a 'what frustrates you in blogger' post sometime soon.. heh)


If you're feeling particular geeky today, here are some other blog helps I have archived...
centering widgets
adding a signature
adding a link within
removing those little dotted lines that separate sidebars
taking better blog photos

Click HERE for all of the above blog tips in one shot.

Anyway, here's to improved www spelling in 2010! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment