Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In Between The Holiday Rush The Office Redesign Got Painted

I found a couple hours this past weekend to finish painting the Home Office Redesign. Dreary weather continues, and with it less than stellar photos. But I am loving the color, SW 7026 Griffin.

(In the midst of all the Holiday Cheer,
working on a room design is my Sanity.)



The color is not tremendously different from the original color, see the slice of SW 6146 Umber remaining at the right? (This area will be covered with fabric or wallpaper.) But as I often find myself saying, little changes can add up to significant differences.


I have also started thinking about drapery hardware, what finish it should be. Mixing metals in a space can create interest. The room has a black lantern and door hardware, the chair has a steel base, so can I bring in a warm brass? It might just be too much.


The PB Standard Rod with Endcap, shown below in Warm Brass, would show up beautifully against the wall color. This finish would also be gorgeous with the Turkestan drapery panels and grass roman shades.


A pewter finish would pick up flecks of gray in the roman shades and fabric, while showing well against the wall color. This choice makes sense given the steel base of the chair and ottoman.


The Antique Bronze finish would tend to get lost against the wall color. However, with a lot of similar drapery hardware throughout the house and the black finishes in the room, this choice would offer consistency.


It comes down to selecting the look that appeals to me. (Oh...and the client.)Really, we can't go wrong with any of these options. But I'm curious, which finish would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment