Friday, December 11, 2009

Art In Interior Design - It's Personal!

My husband is a big fan of music,
and Elvis Costello ranks high on his list of favorite musicians.


So it only follows that one of his prized possessions
is this signed print of Elvis Costello's
"Imperial Bedroom" album cover.


While this is not my favorite piece of art,
I did have it framed, highlighting the signature,
for him a while back.

The piece was on the verge of getting ruined...
from lack of proper care.
I did it because I knew how much it would mean to him.


After sitting in the back of a closet
it is now going to be hung in his office.

One wall, to be painted a fabulous accent color,
will be almost completely covered with art.
This signed print front and center.

Here's a bit of information on the art used for this album cover.

"The cover painting, titled "Snakecharmer & Reclining Octopus" by Barney Bubbles (but credited to "Sal Forlenza") is a pastiche of "Three Musicians" by Pablo Picasso, and letters on the zipper-like creatures in the upper right spell "PABLO SI"."
Wikipedia

Interesting, just like this project.

I confident the space will come together in a way
that pleases both my design aesthetic
+
my husband's desire to fill the space
with things that reflect his personality and interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment