Monday, December 14, 2009

Mulling Over The Possibilities

With Holiday Festivities in full swing,
and needing to focus on client's projects...

It's not like I have a lot of time to work on the
Home Office Redesign!


However,
there's a very wide range of existing items that are
required to work together in this space.

A sculptural work by R.A. Miller, the little animal table,
various photos including one of an old Indian's Team,
a photo celebrating the end of WWII,
the "Imperial Bedroom" print...
none of it really goes together.

Then add in this old cabinet from my grandfather's workshop.
My husband was intrigued when he saw it,
requesting that it be refinished and turned into a large
work station.
(By adding a new and extended work surface.)
Okay.

A design board throws this collection together in a way that helps
make sense of it all.

I can mull over the board and figure out what needs to happen
to let this all live together...
Harmoniously.

From this visual aid I do believe I've gotten a sign off on the
drape idea.
How about that?!
I adore this print, Turkestan in Cocoa, from Calico Corners.

And instead of an accent color on the art wall,
I'm considering covering the expanse with the same fabric.
It's a very small wall,
I think I could get away with it.


As for the wall color, something rich and deep.
How about SW 6153 Protege Bronze?


While I ponder and await more feedback,
I'm picking up the phone to order the fabric before someone
has a chance to change their mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment