Monday, December 28, 2009

Musical Chairs...And A Happy New Year!

This slipper chair was moved...


to the Entry, making room for the...


Christmas Tree.

I liked the chair in the entry so much it's staying.
So after the holiday...


the second slipper chair from this pair will be moved out of the
Girls Dream Bedroom...


to the empty spot left behind once the tree is taken down.


What chair will fill the then vacant spot in the bedroom?
Do you recall these two chairs from the Master Bath Redesign?



I have a third.
It has been waiting patiently for its turn to get a makeover.


Well today was the day.
The frame was refinished with this delightful color.
Watery 6478,
by Sherwin Williams.


Afterwards the seat cushion was recovered with a colorful print.
Venice found at Calico Corners.
This fabric will create a fun mix with all the existing prints in the room.


It was such a quick transformation,
the chair is already sitting pretty in the room below.


I'll post the steps taken for the redo and the final result
when I get back from a little break.

It has been a busy year.
Twelve months full of work on my own and client's homes,
in addition to all that goes along with having a young family.
There were so many high points and a few low...
but that is life, right?

So, I'm off for a bit of R&R. Knowing me, however, I'm certain as I catch a nap my mind will be dreaming up plans for projects scheduled in the new year as well as ideas for this blog.

See you back here real soon! And Have A Happy New Year!!

Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment