Monday, October 31, 2011

We Are Happy Tonight


I'm sure you all know that I love snowmen.  This little guy is from JustRite and I added lots of die cuts.  Seems like everyone is loving creating cards with die cuts right now.  The stamped image is from the new JustRite "Blizzard Bunch Set".  It was colored with Copic markers, cut out with a Spellbinders oval Nestie and sponged with Distress Ink.  In fact, all ivory die cut pieces were sponged with "Tea Dye" Distress Ink.    The accent under the snowman was die cut using one of the Spellbinders "Floral Doily Motifs" dies.  The beautiful flourish at the top of the card is the Cheery Lynn "Victorian Romance Flourish" (DL151).  The snowflake up in the corner is layered - the larger snowflake is one of the Marianne Designs (LR0123) snowflakes (there are three in this package).  On top I added a Martha Stewart snowflake. This is a 5.5" x 6" card.  The designer paper used is from the Graphic 45 "Christmas Emporium" pad. 

Have you seen all the new Sizzix dies Joan's Gardens is now carrying?  This is the Tim Holtz Alterations "Holiday Lamppost" (657469) that Joan just received.  Isn't it beautiful.  The die includes the lamppost, the holly and the holly berries.  I distressed the bottom of the lamp post with the Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" embossing folder then used the "Delicata" Golden Glitz Pigment Ink pad to antique it.  This is a beautiful gold and perfect for using on your Christmas cards.  I put the holly leaves in the Sixxiz "Triad Leaves" embossing folder to give the leaves texture.  I sure use this embossing folder a lot, don't I!  The leaves were then sponged with brown ink.  A fine tip marker defined the 3 berries.  I wanted my lightpost to be "lit" so I added a piece of dark yellow card stock behind the light then used a "Quickie Glue" pen to scribble in glue and added some multicolored yellow (with a hit of wine) glitter.  This is something I have had for a long time.  To complete the card I added some snowflakes punched with one of the snow flake "Punch a Bunch" punches Joan and I use for creating some of our flowers.  Oh, can't forget the little bow to help make it more festive!

All these products can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  If you don't see them on her site, please just ask her about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment