Sunday, October 23, 2011

Merry Christmas to You








I didn't realize how hard it is to take a good photo of a sparkly silver paper.  This is a card done completely in Silver and white, but colors are showing up in the photo.  I decided to make a center step card using a few more of the new Memory Box dies I received yesterday from Joan's Gardens.  I love working with these dies because they pop right out of the die and are so easy to work with.  I know you will enjoy working with them too. 

The products used today are:  Heartfelt Creations "Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set" (HCPC 3415); Memory Box "Flowering Christmas Tree" (98195), Memory Box "Crisp Bows" (98197); JustRite "A Merry Little Christmas Set"; Cheery Lynn "Snowflake 2"  (DL166); Marianne Designs "Holly"  (LR0127).  All the design paper used is from my scrap Christmas paper.  I believe the button is from a package of Tim Holtz buttons and the trim something from my stash.

A piece of silver and white design paper was put on the two side panels and a piece of white on white, large polka dot, paper attached to the center section.  The beautiful Memory Box "Flowering Christmas Tree" was die cut using a sparkly silver paper.  The boxes were created with two different silver papers.  It is just a square cut then a piece cut for the lid - very simple to do.  The bow on the box to the left was die cut three times and the bow on the smaller box die cut twice.  I love these Memory Box Bows.  The bows are beautiful used single, but I wanted nice full bows so cut out more, and just layered them.  Isn't it cool how they have the ribbon that goes down around the box!   

You know how much I love the new Heartfelt Creations poinsettia stamps and matching Spellbinder dies.  I silver embossed three layers, shaped and glued them together.  Three small silver rhinestones were added to the center.  Joan sent me a new "Holly" die from Marianne Designs.  I decided to silver emboss white leaves after they were die cut.  I just patted them down on the VersaMark pad and sprinkled on silver embossing powder.  The pretty doily behind the poinsettia is actually a Cheery Lynn Snowflake but is the perfect size for a little frill behind the flower.  The sentiment from JustRite was silver embossed and die cut using the Spellbinders Lacy Circles die. 

This was another very fun card to design.  I hope you like it.  Tomorrow I will be posting a cute snowman card I design using a Cheery Lynn Snowflake, the Sizzix Snowflake embossing folder, and a cute snowman from JustRite.  Hope to see you tomorrow.

All the products in bold can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

338967

No comments:

Post a Comment