Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days Blog to Biz / Day 20 - Was today's knock the right one?

Dear new book editor,

When you emailed me today, you caught me off guard. Yet you didn't.

You see, I've been down this road before. I was noticed by an editor, and together we worked very hard creating a proposal a publisher would love.

And they loved it! But then it all went away with a whisper.

But that doesn't matter because this is all part of it. We'll be tested along the way to see if we're ready. I get that and now have come to expect it. It's all part of opportunity.

But something was a bit different this round. Everything you proposed was like I wrote it. You nailed everything that I desired to do in my book, right down to the title!


YOU. NAILED. ME.

I have a funny feeling that this could be it. But even if it's not, I'm going to pull out all the stops once again if this is the real deal. Because one of my wildest dreams is to have a book published in paper, sitting on my own coffee table.

Why does this mean so much to me?

I've been there. I've been in that place of despair and couldn't get myself out. It was only after the guidance and help of many wonderful friends that I was able to hold my head up above the fray and realize I survived. And that I was finally capable of giving back.

I want THAT opportunity. I want to teach women as well as men that expand well beyond blogland. I want those that have never touched tools before to start picking them up and asking questions. I don't want them to fear or struggle as I did and go without. I want them to create their wildest desires that thus far have only lived inside their imaginations. I want their dreams to become reality. I want them to be happy. I want them to love what they do for a living for the rest of their lives. And I really do feel I can help with that, even if it's just to encourage and guide through a book.

I haven't desired to 'sell my stuff' or 'make for others' otherwise I'd already be doing it. It's not speaking to me. But writing and teaching is and has since the first time I started tapping my fingers on my first blog. It's what I do on my blog now and that's why blogging is absolutely effortless to me. Problem is, it brings little income as is.

But I can do THIS. I can teach them to become efficient WHILE I earn a living. This is right for me. I know it!

And know what? I LOVE to write. And to take pictures and create wild things no one's seen before. So this would make my dream come true too. Everyone wins!!! Whadda plan.

If you don't call me tomorrow, or the day after, or even don't call at all, I'll live. But I won't give up. I want to show my followers that opportunity will knock but an answer won't always be there right from the get go. Because sometimes you also have to to know which knock to answer.

So... are you the one? Is this right for me? For you? For us? Let's find out, shall we?



necklace by Type B

I've been expecting you. And I'm ready. 

LET'S DANCE like no one's watching.

Wish to keep up with the trials and tribulations?
Join me on FB and twitter! I'd love to chat with you! 

In fact... I'm counting on it. :)





All 31 Day posts to date are HERE.

Visit Day One for each listing HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment