Friday, October 28, 2011

31 Days Blog to Biz / day 29 - how I design a blog


What a day I've had. Today was slated for my 'career day' in which I kick off the day job and work on something career oriented instead. And today I messed with website ideas.

I was so 'in the zone' I still hadn't had breakfast and was still in pj's at 2pm! Gotta love those rainy days when the boy's in school.. ;)

I'm getting ready to take the leap to wordpress but feel nervous about another designer taking over. I mean, I design... but I don't know how to on WP, so I'm going to close my eyes and hand over the works to a pro.

BUT... that doesn't mean I can't offer suggestions on what I like that may even be used. Unless they laugh me outta town of course... So I played.



Goal - fun, not too serious, junky elements, very graphic, clean, casual, bright and cheery

I'm a little funny about design. What I love one minute I detest the next. So take anything you see here with a grain of salt. I may ditch it tomorrow and start all over. :)

I like to mess around in Pages, which is a mac based program. I simply screen shoot trials, then slide the graphics into the program from the desktop and move stuff around.

How to screen print on a mac

HOLD command, HOLD shift, SELECT 3 for entire screen or 4 to select.

You're welcome!


So anyway, I look around the net for elements to help me get where I desire to go. So far, these are just loose drafts  and should I decide to actually use them, I'll definitely be purchasing lots of cool elements I can also add to my blog posts for fun. I'm also hunting for a look for the ebook/s too so anything purchased is money well spent.

The bulk of the vector files I create are in CorelDraw which I export to the desktop as jpg. (ie the funky junk logo)

Incidently... many of the elements I'm adding I have NO idea how to install. I just look at other blogs to see what they are capable of doing and cross my fingers what I want can happen.  Kinda like decorating. :)

Guess what... this is the LAST post that I'll freelance myself! Tomorrow The Nester is interviewed then it's Your Story link party! 

It's been a pleasure friends! I hope you've grasped some great ideas on where to take things in your own neighbourhood.

And for the record? There so much I didn't get done during the series. Heavy dayjob workloads and posting in the PM slowed down some progress. But there's the rest of my life to gitter done, so that I will! I hope you'll be hacking away at your dreams as well.

Happy SNSing this weekend! Coming up in 30 minutes. :)


5 of you will win a

"Creating your Masterpiece" ebook!

Go enter HERE!





All 31 Day posts to date are HERE.
Visit the blog's sidebar archives for the individual listings HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment