Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall is in the air

Happy Tuesday!

Oh I can't believe it's the nearing the end of October already. Where did the month go!? Anyway, it's the 4th Tuesday of the month, so it's a new inspiration challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and here's my inspiration card.



And this is our inspirational photo chosen by Candy, our hostess for October. Don't you just love it? This picture speaks to me of 'Autumn' and I love those glorious warm autumn colours.



My card is a front-panel side step card. I think this is probably my second favorite type of card next to the easel card.



Here's a close-up of the altered Magnolia image that I've coloured with my coloured pencils. This is Tilda on the Loose from the Bon Voyage Collection 2010. In the original image, Tilda is carrying a suitcase, probably hurrying to catch a plane and that's why she's holding on to her hat. I thought this would be the perfect Tilda image for a windy autumn day.



The background image of leaves blowing in the wind is called Fall Background from the Autumn and Halloween Collection 2008.


Now if you know me, it's just not in me to leave the inside of a card alone...LOL.



I went searching for a poem on fall/autumn on the internet and found this one that I've put on the top inside section of the card:

"Come said the wind to the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows and we will play.
Put on your dresses scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone and the days grow cold."
(A Children's Song of the 1880's)


In keeping with the 'fall is in the air' theme, for the bottom inside section, I've used this adorable Tilda. She is called Bubbling Tilda from the Fairytale Collection 2010. Tilda is playing the roll of the Autumn Fairy blowing bubbles of colours to paint the world in shades of autumn.

All the Magnolia images I have used here are available at Diana's online store Magnolia-licious. Diana has a fabulous selection of the Magnolia images, the full-size and the mini versions. Check them out HERE--the images from the newest Sweet Christmas Dreams Collections 2011 are just too adorable!!!

I hope you will join us in our inspiration challenge. There's is a prize of a $25.00 Gift Certificate for a shopping spree at Magnolia-licious--you can use it to buy these images...LOL. And to further inspire you, have a look at fabulous cards and projects that the other DT gals have created HERE!



And for me, here are a few challenges that I am entering with this card:
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - DDCC #135 - photo inspiration (they have an autumn-theme photo also)
Totally Tilda - Challenge #34 - Autumn leaves
Flutter By Wednesday - Challenge #176 - Open
Magnolia Down Under - Challenge #119 – Get Punchy
Emerald Fairie Garden Challenge #11 – Flowers, flowers, flowers
Scrap & More - October Challenge - Autumn



That's it for now. Thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your visit. Have wonderful and productive week. Better get working on those Christmas card. Only 2 months from today...yikes.



Materials and Tools Used:

DPs: Chatterbox Small Great Plaid; Recollections Fall Leaves

Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Five, Marianne Design Creatables Leaves

Punches: Punch Bunch Daisy medium and small; EK Success Leaf and butterfly: McGill Baby Bloomsand Pine; Martha Stewart Rose Leaf and Pine.

Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Tea Dye; Recollections Autumn pearls.

Medium: Coloured Pencils - Faber-Castell Polychromos, Derwent Coloursofts and Prismacolour Premiers








No comments:

Post a Comment