Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed In~

Yesterday was a snow day here. So I had all the kiddos at home. It was a surprisingly peaceful day. Mr. One was very helpful with his little siblings. He babysat and entertained all morning while I tried to get some work done. But by afternoon, his enthusiasm was waning. Perfect time to break out the craft supplies, says I. So we all went to work. The kiddos created a variety of Valentine's inspired stick puppets. And I made some fun little glittery x's and o's. Well, really one 'x' and one 'o'...that's all I could finish between helping with the puppets. But everyone had a great time, and this evening the Hubby and I enjoyed a puppet show. (A very clever one, if I do say myself, that had the Hubby laughing out loud.)






And so many of you asked me after my Pixie Tutorial, how to make your pixies Valentines-ish, that I thought I'd share with you what I did. This little Cupid pixie is a break from my traditional pixies. I used some pink damask scrapbook paper for the wings. (I forgot to distress it before I added the glitter, so it's a little brighter than I'd like). Overall, I think this little Cupid is enchanting. Can you see the little heart-shaped arrow? Wish I could share my Valentine's tree with you too...but the hearts are still waiting to be hung.


"Why?" you ask. (Okay, I know you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway.)

Because I worked hard today on finishing up some more pillows for my Etsy. Oh yes, my dear readers, the opening is near. Really. I just have to get all the techy stuff done. So watch for my grand opening...and a giveaway in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!

Finally, another reminder...the Taming Kid Clutter Linky Party. Wednesday, February 4th. Please be there. It's going to be fun!
Have a lovely day~

No comments:

Post a Comment