Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Catch a Falling Star~

Been switching stuff up a bit for the new year. My apothecary jars were empty after Christmas and they looked so lonely, I had to find something fun to go inside. Here is what I came up with...

I didn't have the heart to pack away my New Year's Fairy just yet, so I put her in with some faux snow and some pretty folded stars that I made using a pattern from this website and some wintery looking scrapbook paper.


Speaking of stars, I think seashells and starfish are perfect for the winter. Maybe it's their lovely shades of white, but they seem very fresh, crisp and clean to me, just like January.

Here they are in all their glory...I just pulled one of the snowflake ornaments off my snowflake tree, and put it in the little homemade cloche. It's a bit hard to see in this picture, but it looks lovely in person.


I loved the folded paper stars so much that I decided to make one for my birdcage. The birdcage has never had anything in it, but after I filled it with ornaments for Christmas, I decided that I like having a little visual surprise there. So I made another star, punched a hole in it, and taped it to the inside top of the cage. Can you see it there? No?


Here are a couple of close-ups...


And I added a little bling to the top with this pretty beaded monogram. I love me a little sparkle. Now if that captured wishing star will only grant me my heart's desire....hee hee!



Have a lovely Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment