Thursday, January 1, 2009

Friendly Homes Friday~

For today's Friendly Homes Friday we're visiting the lovely home of my darling sister-in-law Betsey! Betsey is married to the Hubby's older brother. They live in a wonderful old farmhouse in Northern Maine! It has so much charm and character that you fall in love with it immediately when you drive up the 1/2 mile dirt road through the woods into the clearing where it sits! And once you come inside, you're tempted never to leave. Betsey is a wonderful hostess who rivals Martha with her creativity! Her home is warm, inviting, and creative...just like Betsey. Enjoy the tour...

This is the sun room...the Hubby remodelled this room for his brother and Betsey about two years ago. It used to be a 70's "greenhouse" addition, and now it is a beautiful room that fits the vintage of the home! My favorite place in the house!
Here's a wider view. You can see that the sunroom sits right off the family room separated by an old weathered beam. So charming!
This chair-and-a-half is so comfy you can sleep in it! Trust me...I have on many occasions!

I'm always looking for great storage ideas...and I just love these boxes! And the baskets? Longaberger. Love them too! Betsey used to be a Longaberger rep so she has many of these lovely baskets throughout her home.

My other favorite room in Betsey's house is the guest room. This wall pocket is found there. I just love the colors and textures in this little floral arrangement...so pretty!

This charming old desk serves as a bedside table.


And here's the bed...love the pineapple finials! Just makes me want to curl up for a nap!


Betsey is the queen of signs...they are everywhere in her house! I am drawn to this little vignette with the dried floral wreath and the sweet vintage-inspired sign.

Another view of the mirror over the bedside table/desk. I'm a fan of using ribbons to hang mirrors.



This pretty stained glass window lights up the room.



This cute chandelier sits over the kitchen table...yes those are flying pigs! How fun is that??


Oops! This one is out of order. Here's another photo of the sunroom...you can see the beadboard detail on the ceiling. I LOVE BEADBOARD!

A bench welcomes visitors just inside the front door. Love the wreath over the mirror (and, of course, the beadboard!)

Another chair-and-a-half in the living room. I love the red and white ticking!



I love this lamp full of sea glass. It sits in the beach-themed bathroom on the main floor. Betsey collected all of this sea glass herself!
Hope you enjoyed your tour!
I have some fun things planned for next week, so please join me here on Monday!!
Have a wonderful weekend~






No comments:

Post a Comment