Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sad then Happy~

I was having such a sad day yesterday. Just one of those days when the weight of the world comes pressing down, and the pressures of reality are all too...shall we say...real. I was also lamenting the fact that another one of my favorite magazines has bitten the dust. You've probably all heard by now that Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion is no more. I had heard the rumor. Then my card came. The card telling me that it had ceased publication. Sigh. Let us all now have a moment of silence for the demise of another lovely publication. Tick. tick. tick...etc. MEHC you will be missed.


But then what should arrive in the evening? A package! Pour moi! Hooray! I knew what it was because I have been waiting ever so patiently (okay, not patiently at all) for it! My QUILT!!!! It came! A HUGE thank you to cute Camille for hosting the giveaway of one of her beautiful quilts, and to wonderful Lissa who made this beauty that came to live at my house! (I hope these two uber-talented ladies will forgive the horrid photography, but I was so excited to share it with you all that I couldn't wait for morning and natural light.)

The quilt is spectacular! I wish you all could see the beautiful patterns in the stitching (forgive me because I'm not a quilter and I think there is another term for it). I promised the Hubby that I'd crop out his feet when I posted the pictures, but then I thought it was so cute that he humors me the way he does and was willing to hold up the quilt so I could get a photo of it for my readers. He even reminded me to take a photo of the back...which is lovely too! Sorry, honey...the feet are staying!


Thanks again Camille and Lissa! You made my day!


And a reminder again about the Taming Kid Clutter Linky Party next Wednesday, February 4th. Please come link up with your best ideas (or any ideas for that matter) on how to store, hide or camouflage kid paraphernalia! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment